*This feature is supported in the yearly plan only
Custom domain is very important to an online shop. If you have already owned a custom domain and would like to connect to the online shop you build in SHOPLINE, you can follow the guideline below by adding DNS records to your domain hosting platform. Afterward, you can go back to the SHOPLINE Admin panel and set up the domain connection.
In this article, you'll find:
- Login domain hosting platform and add specific DNS records
- Connect custom domain to your shop
- Change connected custom domain
- How to disconnect the custom domain
- Important Notice
- Further Reading
1. Login domain hosting platform and add specific DNS records
Please login your domain hosting platform and manage the DNS field, by adding the below 2 records:
主機 / Host: www
紀錄類別 / Record Type: CNAME
指向 / Point to / Destination: domains5.shoplineapp.com
主機 / Host: blank or @
紀錄類別 / Record Type: URL Redirect
指向 / Point to / Destination: www.yourdomain
Note: Please DON'T use the free domain to replace domains5.shoplineapp.com
2. Connect custom domain to your shop
Make sure both 2 records take effect in Step 1
When the 2 records are created in Step 1, it will take within 6-24 hours to effect. Once it is in effect, your custom domain will redirect to SHOPLINE main page: https://shoplineapp.com/.
Back to the admin panel and connect the domain to your shop
Once the domain can redirect to SHOPLINE main page, please go to [Settings] > [Domain Settings] in the Admin, and select Your Own Domain under the "Custom Shop Domain".
Please fill in your custom domain like "www.test123.com" in the red area below, and click the Update button on the right.
After clicking the Update button, the system will pop up a window to confirm if the domain is correct. As this domain will be used in SHOPLINE, please make sure it is correct and press Enter button to connect. And you can see your domain in the "Result" field.
*Note: Please refresh your page and click "View My Shop" on the top right-hand corner, and check whether your domain is connected.
3. Change connected custom domain
If you have already connected a custom domain before, and need to change another domain for some reasons like rebranding or different company strategies. We will suggest you evaluate carefully as this action will affect some third parties services. For example, the SEO ranking results, the integrated payment methods, the tracking tools, etc. You have to update the new domain setting in order to make them work. Please read the instruction and consider carefully for the change.
If you have read the above instruction after internal evaluation and decided to change to another domain, please follow Step 1 and add 2 DNS records to your domain hosting platform. Once it is in effect, you can go to [Settings] > [Domain Settings] in the Admin, edit the domain field with a new domain and save it.
4. How to disconnect the custom domain
Please contact us to help you disconnect your custom domain by admin pop-up. Before disconnecting the custom domain, please read Notes for Change Domain to avoid your business operation or SEO content being affected.
5. Important Notes
- Currently, we only support "subdomain" connection (e.g. www.test123.com), which is not supported for the root domain (e.g. test123.com) connection.
- If the DNS records are incorrect, the domain connection cannot be done, and show "The CNAME of domain DNS setting is incorrect. Please refer to FAQ to confirm the setting and try again", please redo Step 1 or contact us for assistance.
- When you change the custom domain, please read Notes for Change Domain to avoid your business operation or SEO content being affected.
- If there is any chance in domain, please refresh your page and click "View My Shop" at the top right corner, and check whether your domain is connected.
- Link a Domain Hosted on GoDaddy (New Edition)
- Link a Domain Hosted on Cloudflare
- Link a Domain Hosted on HKDNR