*This feature is supported in the yearly plan only
Custom domain is very important to an online shop. If you have already owned a custom domain and would like to connect to the online shop you build in SHOPLINE, you can follow the guideline below by adding DNS records in your domain hosting platform. Afterward, you can go back to SHOPLINE admin panel and set up the domain connection.
- Login domain hosting platform and add specific DNS records
- Connect custom domain to your shop
- Change connected custom domain
- How to disconnect the custom domain
- Important Notice
- Further Reading
1. Login domain hosting platform and add specific DNS records
Please login your domain hosting platform and manage the DNS field, by adding below 2 records:
主機 / Host：www
紀錄類別 / Record Type：CNAME
指向 / Point to / Destination：domains5.shoplineapp.com
主機 / Host：blank or @
紀錄類別 / Record Type：URL Redirect
指向 / Point to / Destination：www.yourdomain
Note: Please DON'T use the free domain to replace domains5.shoplineapp.com
2. Connect custom domain to your shop
Make sure both 2 records take effect in step 1
When the 2 records created in step 1, it will take within 6-24 hours to effect. Once it effects, your custom domain will redirect to SHOPLINE main page: https://shoplineapp.com/
Back to the admin panel and connect the domain to your shop
Once the domain can redirect to SHOPLINE main page, please go to "Settings > Domain Settings" in the admin panel, and click "Your Own Domain" in "Custom Shop Domain".
Please fill in your custom domain like "www.test123.com" in the red area below, and click "Update" button on the right.
After clicking "Update" button, the system will pop up a window to confirm if the domain is correct. As this domain will be used in SHOPLINE, please make sure it is correct and press "Enter" button to connect. And you can see your domain in "Result" field.
*Note: Please refresh your page and click "View My Shop" on the top right-hand corner, and check whether your domain is connected.
3. Change connected custom domain
If you have already connected custom domain before, and need to change another domain for some reasons like rebranding or different company strategies. We will suggest you to evaluate carefully as this action will affect some 3rd parties services. For example, the SEO ranking results, the integrated payment methods, the tracking tools, etc. You have to update the new domain setting in order to make them work. Please read below instruction and consider carefully for the change.
If you have read the above instruction after internal evaluation and decide to change another domain, please follow "Step 1" and add 2 DNS records in your domain hosting platform. Once it effects, you can go to "Settings > Domain Settings" in the admin panel, edit the domain field with new domain and save it.
4. How to disconnect the custom domain
Please contact us to help you disconnect your custom domain by admin pop-up. Before disconnecting custom domain, please read Notes for Change Domain to avoid your business operation or SEO content being affected.
5. Important Notice
- Currently, we only support "subdomain" connection (e.g. www.test123.com), which is not support for the root domain (e.g. test123.com) connection.
- If the DNS records are incorrect, the domain connection cannot be done, and show "The CNAME of domain DNS setting is incorrect. Please refer to FAQ to confirm the setting and try again", please redo Step 1 or contact us for assistance.
- When you change the custom domain, please read Notes for Change Domain to avoid your business operation or SEO content being affected.
- If there is any chance in domain, please refresh your page and click "View My Shop" on the top right hand corner, and check whether your domain is connected.
6. Further Reading
- Link a Domain Hosted on GoDaddy (New Edition)
- Link a Domain Hosted on Cloudflare
- Link a Domain Hosted on HKDNR