This step is divided into 3 sections that allow the merchant to have more flexibility in setting the rules and criteria for the promotion, which are:
- Promotion apply method
- Promotion start & end date and time
- How many times can this promotion be used
1. Promotion Apply Method
There are 3 methods available which are "Auto apply promotion", "Coupon Code" and "For Affiliate Campaign Only".
i. Auto apply promotion
The system will apply for the promotion automatically once customers' orders meet the requirement and criteria of the promotion. After selecting the apply method, set the start and end time of the promotion, and the total number of times the offer can be used. (Please refer to the second part and third part of this article)
ii. Coupon Code
Customers will have to enter a coupon code in order to enjoy the promotion for their order. Merchants may set up one or more coupon codes, the start and end time, and the total number of times the offer can be used.
Coupon Code Setting:
- Coupon Code can only contain numbers and words, no spacing (For example, SUMMER10OFF), words are case-sensitive.
- Setting up one code: customer will get to enjoy the promotion once enter the code, no restrictions on the number of redemption.
- Setting up multiple codes: when setting up multiple codes, the system will automatically judge that each code can be used only once. Regardless of whether the box for "Unlimited" is checked under "How many times can this promotion be used?", or the number entered is larger than the number of coupon codes, each coupon code can be redeemed once. However, if the merchant enters a number that is less than the number of codes, the system will be subject to the former number. (For example, 10 codes are created but the number of uses is 11. As each code can only be used once, there will be at most 10 discounted orders. If the merchant enters 5 in the number of uses, ten customers who receive the code will need to redeem the code as soon as they can, which is similar to the first-come-first-serve logic.)
- A comma is required when setting multiple sets of codes, no spacing is needed (example: VIP001,VIP002,VIP003).
You can send coupon code to your target customer or create a banner to show your code and upload it at the homepage of your store, customers will need to enter the code manually in the checkout page in order to enjoy the promotion and apply the code during checkout.
You may also select "Display coupon in member account", which allows your customers to be able to view the coupons in their Member Center. Note: You can only set up one code for your promotion campaign once you've selected it, after setup, remember to go to [Promotions & Reward] > [Promotions & Campaigns] > [Promotion Settings] to enable coupon TAB to show in member center. Please refer to this article for more information.
iii. For Affiliate Campaign Only
You can set up an exclusive promotion for a specific referral campaign, which will only take effect if the customer checkout via a referral link or referral code. You can also set up the number of times for application.
2. Promotion start & end date and time
The promotion date and time will be the current date and time by default when you set up a promotion. It allows to set up the time in hour format only for now. In addition, we also provide Today and Now buttons to allow you to set up the current date and time quickly, and you can also use Clear button to empty the date and time fields.
Note: The promotion will take effect immediately after you complete the set up if the start time of the promotion is not set.
System preset the promotion end time as "Never Expires", please untick the "Never Expires" option and then set the end date time if you need to change the expiration date of the promotion.
Since the promotion time is only allowed to set up in hour format, for now, the event time can only be set up to 11 pm (23:00 pm) on the same day. If you want the event to end on 12/31, the end date and time need to be set to 1/1 12.00 AM.
3. How many times can this promotion be used
This field allows you to set how many times your promotion can be used, it will be set as "Unlimited" by default, meaning to say all the new order which met the requirement and criteria of the promotion allows to use this promotion. You can also set a limitation on how many times the promotion can be used like 30, meaning this promotion can only be used for first 30 orders.
It's different with "Limit per member" in Step 2 Set Target Group, that is to limit the number of time a member can use the promotion while this is the to limit the number of time promotion can be used.