To apply for any of SHOPLINE POS's features, please contact our Online Merchant Success Team.
SHOPLINE POS can do more than just process sales in a physical store. It also lets you integrate transaction records, customer, inventory, and sale information into the same backend system as your e-commerce store.
In this article, you'll learn how to
- Add a product to cart
- Apply discounts
- Add/ select customer information
- Select payment method(s)
- Add order remarks
1. Add a product to cart
Step 1. Go to the checkout tab
Select Checkout from the menu on the left.
Step 2. Put the product into cart
Tap the product or scan the product's barcode to put the cart on the right.
Tap the search icon to search a product by product name, barcode number, SKU, tag, or supplier name.
A product will not be added to the shopping cart when you tap for the "Search mode" and scan the product barcode. The product will instead appear in the search result window.
- How to enter "Search mode."
- Scan product barcode in Search mode
To add products to the shopping cart, tap Cancel to resume the checkout window and scan the barcode.
Step 3. Edit quantity and price
Tap and hold on to an item in the shopping cart, and a pop-up window will appear to adjust the quantity and set whether to give discounts to the specified product. Please refer to 2. Apply discounts below for more details.
To delete an product in the shopping cart, swipe the item to the left and tap Delete.
2. Apply discounts
A. To a particular product
Tap on the product in the cart and select Add discount.
There discount types are
Custom: You will find the discount offers created in the [Retail Store] > [Discount Options] in the Admin. Please refer to Custom Discount | POS Admin for details.
% price: When applying a percentage discount, you need to enter the remaining percentage, not the discount amount. For example, for a 20% off discount, please enter "80."
Cash: Enter the discount name and discount amount.
After confirming the discount amount, the cart will show the product's original and sale price and the discount campaign's name.
*Notes: Please refer to POS Promotions for a detailed process of applying discounts.
B. To the whole order
Tap Add Discount to select the discount type as instructed above.
*Note: There is a limit of five discounts per order.
3. Add/ select customer information
Tap Add customer in the cart to either create a new customer profile or search for an existing one.
- To create new customer information, please refer to How to Add Customer | POS app
- You can search for an existing customer profile using the customer's name, email or phone number.
To remove or reselect a customer, tap and hold on the customer record in the cart and swipe left, then tap Delete.
*If you do not add the customer to the order on the app, the "Customer Information" will be left blank in the Order Details in the SHOPLINE Admin ([Order Management] > [Order] > POS tab).
4. Selecting payment option(s) for checkout
After checking the order information is correct, tap the green button at the bottom of the cart to begin the payment process.
You will then see the following fields on the right-hand side:
- Sales: The staff member making the sale. To select a different staff member, tap the current staff member's name or the three dots on the right.
- Tax ID No.: Tap Input Tax ID to enter if needed.
- Payment: Choose between Cash, Credit card, or any custom payment types you have previously added. Customers can pay using up to 5 different payment types.
Operation steps for selecting one or multiple payment options:
1. If the customer uses one payment method, after selecting the payment method, the amount payable will appear next to the selected payment option. Tap the amount field (shown in the red box) to enter the actual amount paid by the customer, and tap the green "Checkout" button below to complete the checkout process.
For example, if the customer pays a $500 bill, the staff can enter "500" next to "Cash." The changed amount of $75 will appear at the bottom.
2. If the customer wants to pay in more than two ways, the staff can tap the first payment method and then tap the Add Payment button to add the rest of the payment options.
In the example below, the staff first selects Cash as the initial payment option to pay $100 of a $325 subtotal, then taps Add Payment and adds "Credit card" for the second payment method to settle the $325 remainder. Tap Checkout to complete the process.
[Coming soon] POS app supports SHOPLINE Payments payment option
You can select the SHOPLINE Payments option that has been added in the store Admin on the POS App, such as Credit Card and Alipay. Please refer to this article for details.
*Note: Currently this feature only supports Hong Kong stores.
5. Add order remarks
Tap the icon below "Note" to add order remarks for internal use quickly. The staff can choose to use an existing quick note template or add a new one.