To apply for any of SHOPLINE POS's features please contact our Online Merchant Success Team.
SHOPLINE POS can do more than just processing sales in a physical store location. It also lets you integrate transaction records, customer, inventory, and sale information into the same backend system as your e-commerce store. This article will guide you through the basics of how to process a sale using SHOPLINE's POS system in a physical location.
- Adding a product to cart
- Applying discounts
- Adding customer information
- Choosing a payment method
- Adding order remarks
1. Adding a product to cart
Select Checkout from the top of the menu on the left-hand side.
- Select a product from your POS device or scan the product's barcode. It will now appear in the cart on the right-hand side. You can find a product using the search function at the top of the screen. It is possible to search for a product by product name, barcode number, SKU, tag, or supplier name.
- Tap and hold on to an item in the shopping cart, a pop-up window will appear to adjust the quantity and set whether to give discounts to the specified item.
- To delete an item in the shopping cart, you can swipe the item to the left and tap Delete.
2. Applying discounts
Merchants can either apply discounts to individual products or the order subtotal.
To apply a one-time discount to a product, tap and hold on to the product in the cart. Then tap Add Discount from the popup menu. Merchants can choose between custom, percentage, and cash discounts. To add a custom discount, select the discount name from the available list.
Important note on percentage discounts: When applying a percentage discount you need to enter the remaining percentage and not the discount amount. For example, for a 20% discount please enter "80." To know more about applying discounts, please refer to this FAQ: Apply Discount｜POS APP.
After confirming the discount amount, the product price in the cart will now be the original price minus the discount. The discount amount and original product are displayed above the product price.
To apply either a custom, percentage, or cash discount to the Order Subtotal, tap Add Discount from the cart menu. After selecting a discount, the discount totals will appear below the Order Subtotal. The Order Total will also be revised.
In the example below, the merchant has applied a $50 "Cash" discount.
Note: There is a limit of five discounts per order.
3. Adding/selecting customer information
Add Customer in the cart menu gives the option of either creating a new customer profile or searching for an existing one.
- You can search for and find an existing customer profile using either the customer's name, email, or phone number.
- To create new customer information, please refer to How to Add Customer | POS APP
To remove or reselect a customer from an order, hold down on the customer entry in the cart and swipe left.
*If you do not add the customer to the order on the APP, the "Customer Information" will be left blank in the Order Details in the SHOPLINE Admin under Order Management.
4. Choosing a payment method for checkout
After checking the order information is correct, click the green button at the bottom of the cart to begin the payment process.
You will then see the following fields on the right-hand side:
Sales - The member of staff making the sale. To choose a different member of staff, press the current staff member's name or the three dots on the far right.
Tax ID No. - Tap Input Tax ID to enter if needed.
Payment - Choose between Cash, Credit card, or any custom payment types you have previously added. Customers can pay using up to 5 different payment types.
For example, if a customer does not have enough cash, they can settle the remainder with credit card.
1. If the customer uses one payment method, after selecting the payment method, tap the amount field (shown in red box) to enter the actual amount paid by the customer, and click the green "checkout" button below to complete the checkout process.
For example, the customer pays a $1000 bill, the staff can then enter "1000" next to Cash. The change amount of $400 will appear at the bottom.
2. If the customer wants to pay in more than two ways, the staff can first click a payment method, and then click the Add Payment button to complete.
In the example below, the staff first selects Cash as the initial payment option to pay $300 of a $600 subtotal, then taps Add Payment and add Credit card for the second payment method to settle the $300 remainder.
In another example, a customer wants to pay by cash and cash coupon. The staff can first tap on the amount field next to Cash and enter the amount received. Then tap Add Payment and select Cash Coupon, then enter the redeem amount. Finally, tap Checkout to complete the checkout.
5. Adding order remarks
By pressing the icon below Note, the staff can quickly add order remarks for internal use. The staff can choose to use an existing quick note template or add a new one.