*Note: Kiosk O2O Membership Tool will be discontinued and upgraded to Smart OMO. SHOPLINE will assist merchants using Kiosk in converting to Smart OMO by 31 December 2022. Current Kiosk tools will be retained and supported until 31 December 2022.
SHOPLINE Kiosk integrates order and membership data of online and retail stores. It helps boost sales and grow membership, creating a 360-degree shopping experience.
In this article, you'll find:
- Staff Setting for Kiosk Access Right
- Theme Setting for Kiosk Branding
- Start to use Kiosk
- Kiosk Interface Introduction
- Customer Signup via Kiosk
- Staff function in Kiosk
Kiosk recommends device type: iPad (5th gen.), iPad (6th gen.), iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro 9.7″
iOS supported version: up to iOS 10.0
1. Staff Setting for Kiosk Access Right
The owner account will be granted permission to access the Kiosk by default. If you want to assign staff to access the Kiosk, please go through the following steps:
In the SHOPLINE Admin, go to [Settings] > [Permission & Security].
Click Add to create a new staff account. To edit the access permission of existing staff, click Edit.
Select the Kiosk Access Rights tab, check the boxes of the retail stores under the tab and click Update to assign the access right for this staff account.
After completing the above step, the staff will get the password setup email used for logging in to the Admin and the Kiosk.
2. Theme Setting for Kiosk Branding
Step 1. Go to Admin > Retail Store > Kiosk Device Setting
Step 2. Upload image for Banner, LOGO and set your Theme Color.
- Banner: We allow upload up to 10 images in JPG format, recommended image size to be 1060 x 1440 pixel
- LOGO: We allow upload 1 image in JPG/PNG format, recommended image size to be 200 x 800 pixel
- Theme Color: input your theme color code (default color: #4A90E2)
Note: For white text readability, You had better use dark theme color instead of light theme color.
- Remember to click "Update" to save the setting.
The kiosk will display carousel banners in the order of your uploading images.
The logo will be on the upper right side of the landing page and buttons will display in the theme color.
If you want to allow staff to edit Kiosk setting, you can go to "Admin > Setting > Permission & Security > Edit Staff Permission"
Check "Kiosk Setting" under the "Admin Access Rights" tab and click "Update" to assign access.
3. Start to use Kiosk
Step 1. Login
Log in to the Kiosk with the account and password set up in the Admin previously.
Step 2. Setup PIN Code
Staff need to setup PIN Code at the first time he login Kiosk. The PIN Code will be used to lock the staff function in Kiosk.
Step 3. Pick the retail store
Pick the retail store you are going to log in. This page will only show the stores to which you have permission.
4. Kiosk Interface Introduction
- When customers use Kiosk, they can switch the bottom left dots to view the carousel banner.
- Customers can change the language on the top middle of the landing page. We offer Chinese and English currently.
- Customers can click the icon to change the "International calling code" for mobile phone signup.
- We offer two-way (Email/Mobile) to signup via Kiosk.
5. Customer signup via Kiosk
Customer input mobile number and click "OK", Kiosk will direct to the signup page
- The first toggle on for customers to accept marketing.
- The second toggle is for customers to agree to member policy.
- Customers can click "Term & Condition" for more detail on member policy
- The customer can click tap Update Phone if they input the wrong mobile number and would like to change it
After the customer switches the second toggle to agree to member policy, they has successfully signup as a member. The system will send an SMS notification to ask the member to verify mobile and set up a password.
If you turn ON the Welcome Credit/Birthday Credit setting in "Admin> Customer Management > Store Credit", the customer signup via Kiosk can also get Welcome Credit/Birthday Credit.
6. Staff function in Kiosk
In order to pretend customers from using the staff function, there are two hidden buttons on the bottom right corner of the page. (refer to the red & blue marks in the screenshot below)
- Red hidden button is for Add Purchase Amount Function
- Blue hidden button is for Kiosk Setting Function
1. Add Purchase Amount
- Step 1. When Staff press red hidden button, the PIN code popup to unlock the function.
- Step 2. After inputting the correct PIN code, the numpad will appear from the right side. Staff can input customer purchase amount and click OK.
- Step 3. Tap Confirm to complete the step. The system will notify you if customer purchase amount is added successfully.
These retail orders will be shown in "ADMIN > Order Management > Order" and you can find out which store the order was created from and whom the order belongs to in order detail.
- If you turn ON the Order Reward Credit setting in "Admin> Customer Management > Store Credit", the customer who added purchase amount via Kiosk can also get the order reward credit with the same condition.
2. Kiosk Setting
- Step 1. When staff press the blue hidden button, PIN code popup for unlocking the staff function.
- Step 2. After inputting the correct PIN code, the dialog of the Kiosk setting shown.
Function 1: Lock Screen
- If turn ON the toggle, staff need to input PIN code every time they press the hidden button
- If turn OFF the toggle, staff DO NOT need to input PIN code when they press the hidden button
Function 2: Change Login Store
- staff can change current login stores to which he has access rights.
Function 3: Change PIN Code
- Change PIN Code
Step 1. input the original PIN
Step 2. input the new PIN
- Forgot PIN Code
Step 1. press "forgot PIN code"
Step 2. input password for Kiosk login
Step 3. input the new PIN
Function 4: Logout