The customer negotiation plug-in for the Messenger open platform allows you to integrate the Messenger experience directly in the store so that your customers can leave messages and interact with your store at any time, and you get instant interaction and information exchange.
With this feature, you no longer need to rely on third-party platform tools, and you do not need to go through tedious steps to install the plug-in. You only need a few simple steps to complete the setting and install Messenger into your store.
* This feature is not available for Safari 12 at the moment. Chat plugin will not be shown in Safari on IOS 12 system. It is recommended to use Google Chrome or other browser for best experience.
- Set up Facebook Ads Extension
- Install Customer Chat Plugin
- Cancel and Edit the Customer Chat Plugin
- Things to note
Set up Facebook Business Extension
Step 1. Setting Facebook Business Extension (FBE)
Go to Store admin channel "Marketing & Tracker" > "Marketing" > "Facebook Business Extension (FBE) ". When you get into this page, please refer to the following FAQ for instructions
If you have already completed the "Facebook BusinessExtension", you can go down to "Install Customer Chat Plugin".
Install Customer Chat Plugin
Step 1: Setting Customer Chat Plugin
＊Your Facebook account must be Facebook Page Admin to proceed this setting.
Go to Store admin channel "Marketing & Tracker" > "Marketing" > "Facebook Business Extension (FBE) " click "Manage settings" and click "view" to start setting Messenger Chat.
Step 2: Add Plugin
Click "Add Plugin" Then start to set the language, greeting message and appearance color.
After you finish setting. You will see a green light and a "Added" prompt indicating that the installation is successful! Go back to the Store Admin also will see "Added" in the "Customer Chat Plugin" field
When you have installed the customer chat plugin, it will be displayed in the lower right corner of the shop (as shown below)
If consumers want to contact you will Facebook Messenger, consumers will need to log in to their Facebook account before they can use it. When the consumer uses the browser which had login Facebook, he / she will automatically bring in his / her logged-in account identity.
Cancel and Edit the Customer Chat Plugin
If you want to adjust Messenger's language, greeting message and appearance color, you can click "Manage Settings" >> "View" >> "Edit" again to make adjustments.
If you want to disable this function, you can click "Manage Settings" >> "View" >> "Disable" to pause "Customer Chat Plugin".
Things to note
- This feature is not available for Safari 12 at the moment. Chat plugin will not be shown in Safari on IOS 12 system. It is recommended to use Google Chrome or other browsers for a better experience.
- The customer chat plug-in automatically loads the most recent chat history between the user and the store, including the user ’s recent interaction with the store ’s customer chat plug-in on the messenger.com, Messenger app, or website. This helps to create a single experience for customers, even if the customer can continue the conversation after leaving the webpage, just use the same conversation in Messenger.
- You can check the setting by going to Facebook page "Setting" > "Advanced Messaging" > "Whitelisted Domains" , and click Edit to change the setting.
- Please make sure you allow people to contact your Page privately. You can check the setting by going to Facebook page Settings > General > Messages, and click Edit to change the setting.