The Messenger Platform's customer chat plugin allows you to integrate your Messenger experience directly into your website. This allows your customers to interact with your business anytime with the same personalized, rich-media experience they get in Facebook Messenger.
The customer chat plugin automatically loads recent chat history between the person and your business, meaning recent interactions with your business on messenger.com, in the Messenger app, or in the customer chat plugin on your website will be visible.
With this official integration, you do not need to rely on third-party plugin, nor do you need to go through all the required steps on Facebook page settings. You only need a few clicks to install the official chat plugin under Facebook Business Extension.
1. You must be Facebook Page Admin to proceed this setting.
2. This feature is not available for Safari 12 at the moment. Chat plugin will not be shown in Safari on IOS 12 system. It is recommended to use Google Chrome or other browser for best experience.
A. Set up Facebook Ads Extension
1. Go to Marketing > Facebook Business Extension (FBE)
2. Click into "Install Plug-in" to first install Facebook Ads Extension since the Customer Chat Plug-in is a plug-in built on Ads Extension app.
When you get into this page, please refer to the following FAQ for instructions
B. Install Customer Chat Plugin
1. After you finish installing Facebook Ads Extension, you will see a section called Messenger Chat on the below page
If you do not want to install the chat plug-in right after installing the ads extension, you can also later come back to the above page again by going to Marketing > Facebook Business Extension (FBE) > "Manage Settings" , and continue with Customer Chat Plugin installation.
2. Click "Add Plugin"
3. With just one click, the Customer Chat Plugin is successfully installed when you see the page below.
You can also Disable the chat plugin on this page. To access this page later on, just click "Manage Settings".
C. On Storefront
When Customer Chat Plugin is installed and customer has not logged into Facebook, the plugin is shown as below
When Customer Chat Plugin is installed and customer has logged into Facebook, the plugin is shown as below
1. Please make sure your fanspage allow SHOPLINE webpages using Chat Plugin for your fanspage.
You can check the setting by going to Facebook page Setting > Messenger Platform > Whitelisted Domains , and click Edit to change the setting.
2. Please make sure you allow people to contact your Page privately.
You can check the setting by going to Facebook page Setting > General > Messages, and click Edit to change the setting.