Hong Kong merchants can now capitalize on the alfred24 logistics service to execute shipments.
This article will cover the following:
- Service features
- Application process
- Admin settings
- Shipping process
- Monthly freight
- Relevant links & information
1. Service features
alfred24 is a logistics technology company specializing in providing automated parcel storage lockers and software solutions for locker networks and operators, offering over 1000 self-pickup points and smart lockers throughout Hong Kong and delivering sustainable, efficient, and convenient shipment services for merchants.
2. Application process
To access alfred24 service, you must first open a SHOPLINE Logistics/ OneShip monthly account.
If you already have a SHOPLINE Logistics/ OneShip monthly account, you can directly access their service through OneShip.
🔔 Currently, the logistics service providers supported by OneShip include:
1. SF Express (Hong Kong)
2. SF International
3. SF Express Cold Chain Delivery
4. Kerry Express (local shipping)
5. Hongkong Post Speedpost
6. Hongkong Post e-Express
Currently, SHOPLINE has integrated with the logistics management system OneShip. You can import orders from SHOPLINE stores into the OneShip system to process the shipments.
Application for OneShip postpaid account
- Proceed to this site and submit your application.
- Merchants using a OneShip postpaid account will be charged by SHOPLINE for monthly shipping charges and monthly value-added service fees (if applicable). You may choose either of the following two payment options:
Please download and fill out the attached "Direct Debit Authorization Form" and mail it to the SHOPLINE office: 21/F., Nam Wo Hong Building, 148 Wing Lok Street, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong (Attn.: MS Team) along with the following documents (required).
|For corporate applicants||
|For individual applicants||
*Note: The bank account details in the Direct Debit Authorization Form must be consistent with the company or individual merchant's name selected in the application form.
If there are errors or incomplete information, you will have to resent a new version to SHOPLINE after adjustments. If you have anything that you're unsure of in the Direct Debit Authorization Form, you can first send an online copy to SHOPLINE for confirmation. If you have previously requested other logistics services and already submitted relevant documents, please also inform SHOPLINE.
By opting for this payment method, please first request the company bank account information from SHOPLINE for deposit payment purposes. Upon receiving your documents, SHOPLINE will promptly assist you in completing the subsequent application procedures.
3. Admin settings
To activate the alfred24 services, you have to add a new delivery option in Admin.
Go to Admin > [Settings] > [Delivery Options] and click on ⊕ Add. And then click Search Provider.
Select Alfred Smart Locker as your logistics provider. Upon confirmation, click OK to proceed.
Set up the "Shipping Zone and Delivery Fee" according to your preference.
As you click Add, the system will pop up a window (see below). Please select whether to apply this delivery option to all promotions. Once done, click OK.
Once the above setup is completed, customers can choose this logistics service provider (Alfred Smart Locker) as their "Delivery Method" during checkout.
4. Shipping process
Step 1. Execute shipment
Go to OneShip Admin > [Shipments] > [Orders] and click on + Create Order at the top right. You can choose Create Order or Bulk Create Orders from the drop-down menu. For more details, please proceed to the following articles for reference :
Follow the steps ➊ to ➌ as shown in the screenshot below and fill in the details as required. If your customers are using SHOPLINE, their orders will be integrated into OneShip's [Orders] page, allowing them to directly select and ship orders without the need to create new ones again.
Step 2. Print shipping label
Navigate to [Shipments] > [Shipments], check the shipments you want to bulk print, and then click Bulk print shipping labels. Please refer to the following articles for further details:
🔔 Shipping label sample:
The shipping label will display the order number, sender's name, sender's address, recipient's name, and recipient's address information.
Step 3. Arrange shipment
alfred24 provides both direct doorstep (home) pickup and ship-from-store (in-store) services. You can place orders and schedule pickups through the OneShip platform. Simply click the Pick-up Service button on the "Orders" page (see below).
Upon filling in the information, click Submit to proceed.
You can click the "bell" icon at the top right of the page to show the "Notification Center" and view your pickup request details there. If you need to cancel a pickup, you can click on Cancel pickup (see below).
i. alfred24 parcel pickup and delivery information
Doorstep (Home) pickup schedule
- 10:00 - 13:00
- 14:00 - 18:00
Pickup cut-off point (from Mon. to Fri.)
Pickup cut-off point (Sat.)
- No pickup service available in the afternoon
- On Saturdays, pickup service is only available in the morning.
- If the pickup address is in a residential area or a remote location, please notify us as early as possible and try to arrange for afternoon pickups.
- If you have any extra requests, please let us know when notifying us of the pickup.
Minimum number of items required for doorstep (home) pickup
- Orders must consist of at least 3 items or more each time, or else alfred24 will charge an additional fee of HK$20.
- If the delivery address is a non-commercial area, alfred24 will charge an additional fee of HK$20.
*Note: You can check the status of your shipments via the tracking website of alfred24.
ii. Channels for claiming compensation
No compensation will be provided for any damage, delay, or loss of shipments during the delivery process courtesy of the following reasons:
- The relevant information was not uploaded onto the platform before the parcel was shipped.
- The parcel was not properly and securely packaged.
- The parcel contains flammable or explosive materials or items that are prone to mold, spoilage, and/or discoloration.
- The parcel contains fragile items.
- The parcel contains liquid items.
- The recipient's address is incorrect or invalid.
- The recipient's contact number is invalid or cannot receive text messages.
- Any unforeseeable factor or force majeure occurs.
If the parcel is damaged or lost after pickup/ delivery, you must notify the SHOPLINE logistics team within 48 hours of the recipient receiving the parcel. SHOPLINE will make reasonable efforts to locate the lost items. If it is confirmed that the damage or loss was caused by alfred24, you will need to provide a receipt to confirm the value of the shipment. Compensation does not cover the items related to the aforementioned situations.
alfred24's liability for any parcel, including but not limited to loss or damage, is limited to the actual direct loss and shall not exceed HK$500 per shipment. alfred24 shall not be held accountable for any other losses or damages (including but not limited to profits, income, interest, and future business losses), whether such other losses and damages are of a special or indirect nature, whether alfred24 was aware of the risk of such losses or damages before or after accepting the shipment. For more details, please refer to the Terms of Service and Use.
Compensation claims must be submitted in writing within 14 business days after the pickup date of the express shipment. Otherwise, OneShip reserves the right to refuse to process the claims. In the event of loss or delivery delay, and if you need to make further claims, please contact the OneShip team first.
iii. How should parcels weighing over 5 kg be handled?
All pickup points have a weight limit of 5 kilograms per shipment. If it exceeds 5 kg, you need to split it into two separate parcels, attach two waybills, and process them as two separate shipments.
iv. How will overdue parcels be handled?
All overdue parcels, upon being returned to the logistics provider's warehouse, will have a free storage period of 14 days. That is, merchants or recipients can contact the provider's Customer Service team to handle the parcels within 14 days. If no notification is received within 14 days, the parcels will be destroyed.
The procedure for handling overdue parcels is as follows:
- The pickup period will be extended for another cycle (14 days) for free and you can return to the same places for pickup (alfred24 Smart lockers/ alfred24 self-pickup points).
- Parcels will be returned to the warehouse for the customer self-pickup.
- Parcels will be returned to the merchant's receiving address (an additional HK$20 return fee will be incurred).
You can check the parcel's (shipment) status via alfred24's website. If the status shows "Return to the logistics provider," it means that the parcel has been retrieved from the smart locker or self-pickup point. The parcel is typically returned to the warehouse within 1-2 business days, and you should make arrangements for overdue parcels as soon as possible.
6. Monthly freight
OneShip charges are billed on a monthly basis as per your usage for the month. The final weight and shipping fees are based on the monthly statement for that month.
7. Relevant links & information
- alfred24 official website
- alfred24 customer service WhatsApp: (+852) 6450 0985
- alfred24 email: email@example.com