According to customers' viewed product history in your store, Facebook Dynamic Product Ads (DPA) can create personalised ads targeting each and every customer. It can promote relevant products ads to targeted customers based on their interests and thus, help to increase conversion rate.
Before creating DPA, you must first upload your online store’s "product catalog" through Facebook Business Manager and then set up the Facebook pixel.
Below is a step-by-step guide to help you complete these two steps :
First, upload your online store’s "product catalogs" –
A product catalog is a structured data file (either XML or tab delimited CSV) consisting of a list of products that a business wishes to advertise. Each product row contains columns of attributes that define each one of your products. For example, a name, description, product image, product details, price, number in stock, etc. Please note that you must have a business manager account in order to process the following steps.
1. Sign in your Business Manager account, click the hamburger toolbar on the top left hand corner, and choose "Product Catalogs" under the column "Assets", and then click the button “Create Catalog”.
2. Set up your product catalog by filling in your product catalog name and choose to link up with your brand fan page. After you have filled in the fields, click "create" on the bottom right hand corner to continue.
3. Click "Add Product Feed” to upload products to your catalog that you have just created. Fill out the ”Feed Name” and select the “Currency” for your products. Choose “Schedule Recurring Uploads” for automatic uploads later. Click “Next” to proceed to next step.
4. Set up the time for “Schedule Uploads”, copy and paste the automatically generated product feed URL into the "Dynamic URL" field. You can find it in your marketing section in your Admin panel. Last but not least, remember to add the login information for protecting your store information (if necessary). Click “Upload”. Your product catalog is now ready.
About Dynamic URL information, if it is presented in table format as shown below, there would be corresponding product data in each field. Please note that for dynamic URLs in SHOPLINE, the "product type" is equal to your store categories. However, one product can only correspond to one category for DPA. Therefore, the "product type" would be set fixed to correspond to the first subcategory.
**NOTE：The system automatically crawls SKU as the Product_id，and the SKU has to be unique in order to be successful uploaded. We recommend you to edit your SKU to be unique before uploading it to the product feed ( if the products have got different variations, please also update each variations’ SKU).
If there are too many SKU to be edited, you can paste “?unique_ids=true” after the feed URL, then the system will randomly generate the product_id.
If there are too many variations using same product image, you can paste “?single_variation=true” after the feed URL or you can paste “&single_variation=true” after the “?unique_ids=true”, then the system will generate one image for those variations.
5. After uploading your product catalog, please check if all of the product feeds have been uploaded successfully like the screenshot below. Sometimes there may be issues and Facebook will display the issue warnings. For example: Product photo pixels does not fit the requirement by Facebook, or there may be incomplete fields. Ads with yellow warnings can still pass through and ads can be used normally. But if it is a red warning, the ad could not be uploaded and used. please double check and edit information where necessary. Otherwise, the ads may stop and not function properly.
** DPA product catalog data will be update automatically once a day. It's not Real-Time report. **
Second, set up your Facebook Pixel -
To help Facebook track customers' behavior (e.g. viewed products, products added to cart, checkout products etc) and target DPA specifically to each customer, you must set up the Facebook Pixel in your store.
If you’re not familiar with Facebook Pixel, please complete the setup by following the tutorial below: