Upon enabling the Preorder Feature, when an order contains products with different inventory statuses, including in-stock and preorder products, you can prioritize shipping the products available in stock by modifying the established order's details or splitting the order. This will reduce the average wait time for a single order, enhance customer satisfaction, and improve the overall shopping experience.
⚠️ Before you start, please be reminded:
- The system will first sell in-stock items (i.e., Online Stock) by default. Preorders are only allowed when there is no stock available.
- This feature currently does not support Social Commerce and Retail POS plans (excluding the O2O plan and ONE Omni Channel).
This article will cover the following:
- Filter preorders
- In-stock/ Preorder products shipped separately
1. Filter preorders
When an order contains any preorder product, the system will classify it as a preorder. You can select the filter under "Add Filters" to sort them out.
If you want to learn more about the steps for filtering orders, please refer to Search and filter orders.
2. In-stock/ Preorder products shipped separately
When a single order includes products with different inventory statuses, i.e. in-stock and preorder, you can proritize shipping the in-stock products or the products with earlier arrival by the following two means.
i. Modify product details of the established orders
By editing the product details, adding/deleting items, or adjusting quantities, you can retain only the in-stock products in the existing order and create a new order for the preorder products. This way, you can have the products of the two orders shipped separately.
If you would like to know more about editing product details, please refer to Edit Product Details of an Existing Order.
Go to the order page you wish to edit and check the quantity of in-stock and preorder products in the "Product Details" section.
After confirming that your intended action complies with the following limitations on editing preorders, you can proceed to modify the established orders' product details.
- The quantity of a product cannot be edited if it includes the inventory statuses of "in-stock product" and "preorder product".
- The quantity of a product cannot be edited if its real-time inventory is less than or equal to 0.
- When adding a new item, the system will display an inventory reminder message;
For example, the product has reached the preorder limit, and then "Out of stock/preorder quantity" will appear.
- Inventory changes will be based on the real-time inventory calculation at the moment you click Save after editing.
- After deleting the product(s), they will revert to "the existing Inventory."
ii. Split orders
By using the "Split Orders" feature, you can separate products with different inventory statuses within one order into separate child orders, allowing them to be shipped separately.
Please refer to Split Orders | Order Management for more related details.
Go to the order page you wish to split and check the quantity of in-stock and preorder products in the "Product Details" section.
The system will prioritize splitting "in-stock" products into child orders by default. If there are no in-stock products, then it will split the "preorder" products.
- The system supports displaying "Preorder Product Note" and quantities on the Order Invoice and Packing Slip but not on the Stock Picking List.
- Order Invoice
- Packing Slip
- Order Invoice
- The system supports displaying preorder details in the Order Report. Please check the Preorder Feature, Preorder Product Note, and Includes Preorder Product Qty fields as per your requirements.
Please refer to Order Export for more related details.
- The Preorder Product Note will not appear on pages of certain product categories, promotions, and apps that are not supported by the Preorder Feature. If you wish to learn about the limitations on enabling the Preorder Feature, please refer to Enable Preorder Feature.
- The system does NOT support the existing orders placed before this feature is enabled, and the existing orders will not display any preorder notifications or related changes that ensue.
- [Coming Soon] Enable Preorder Feature｜Preorder Limit
- [Coming Soon] Feature Display on the Storefront｜Preorder Limit
- Edit Product Details of an Existing Order
- Split Orders | Order Management