The following article will guide you through the procedure of uploading products in bulk via Excel sheet.
"Products and Categories" > "My Products" > Select "Import" drop down box > Click "Bulk Import"
First download the form "my_upload_20170403.xlsx" and open it on your computer
- This form includes product information, descriptions, categories, price and options fields
- Starting from Row 3, you can add a new product on every line
- Please do NOT delete or change the columns of this form
- Every new product should at least has Product Name, Product Description and Images. You can provide both Chinese and English version at the same time. If you wish to use only one language, please leave fields in other language in blank
- Please make sure all categories you use are already configured in admin panel. Currently we cannot create new categories in bulk import
- Please do NOT include space in your image links
- We recommend you import no more than 100 products at the same time
Let’s see how to add a new product entry step-by-step
Step 3: Product Basic Information
Fill in the following product basic information:
- Product Handle is mandatory. Fill in the cell with a designated number and also for the following rows of the product's variation
- Product Name
- Product Description
The format or performance of description on storefront could be changed by correspond HTML code.
For instance, you could insert a line break code <br>.
- Product SEO description can be a simple sentence about your product. It will usually be shown on search engine like Google and social media sharing.
- Filling “Y” in Status will makes this product published automatically after import; “N” means making it as a draft without publishing the product yet
- Preorder Item works the same as Status, fill in "Y' or "N"
You may also refer to the instruction excel file, as shown below, for the bulk upload format
Step 4: Images
You can add Images (used as thumbnails and primary pictures) and Additional Images (shown on More Information section after product description in product page) in bulk upload
Please enter the URL of the image directly. If you have more than one image, please separate two URL using a space
Step 5: Categories
Before adding new categories, please make sure that you have added corresponding categories in your admin panel ("Products and Categories"> "Categories")
There're a few scenarios of assigning products to categories you may want to know:
- Only assign to main category, input the name of the category directly e.g. Digitals
- Assign to a sub category, use “>” to to connect e.g. Digitals>Phone
- Assign multi-categories to a product at the same time, use “#” to connect e.g. Digitals>Phone#Digitals>Trend
Step 6: Price, SKU and Quantity
Fill in the Price, Sales Price, SKU and Quantity of your product
If you leave Quantity blank it means unlimited quantity
Step 7: Weight (kg)
If you are now using the newly launched set delivery fee by weight function, you may also add product weight (in kg) in the excel sheet in bulk upload process
Step 8: Specification and Options
First you have to set the name of each specification e.g “Color” and “RAM”
Then fill in the corresponding variation name, quantity and price for each specification. Like for “Color”, you enter “Gold” while for “RAM” you enter “64G”
You can add more products, one for a line
Step 9: Upload Bulk Upload File
After finishing inputting all information, go back to SHOPLILNE admin panel > "Products and Categories" > "My Products" > "Import" drop down box > "Bulk Import" and upload the sheet you saved
You can preview the items and check if there is any errors after uploading the file.
Click “Import Products” button on the third panel if you have confirmed information are correct
Page as below will be shown after products are successfully imported