If you want more detailed analytics of the store, We recommend you to use Google Analytics. Please refer to this link for more information.
Step 1 : Go to Google Analytics
Sign in to your Google Account and visit the Google Analytics. Since you have never set up Google Analytics before, you'll be asked to sign up for one. Please click "Set up for free".
Step 2 : Create account
1. Account setup
- Account name : Fill in your company name and click "Next".
2. What do you want to measure?
- Please choose "Web" and click "Next".
3. Property setup
- Website Name : Fill in your shop name.
- Website URL : Change " http:// " to " https:// " and fill in your shop's custom domain URL.
- Industry Category (Optional) : Choose according to the category of your product.
- Reporting Time Zone : Choose the region where you at.
After completing click "Create".
Step 3 : Accept Google Analytics Agreement
- Change the Country/Region to your desired location
- Check two columns "I also accept the Data Processing Terms as required by GDPR." and "I accept the Measurement Controller-Controller Data Protection Terms for the data that I share with Google".
- Click "I Accept".
Step 4 : Copy and paste tacking ID
In the following page, copy the tracking ID as shown in the picture.
Go back to your shop admin panel. Go into "Marketing & Tracker" > "Tracker Setting" and choose "Google Analytics".
Just paste the tracking code in the input box below and you're all set up!
Notice : Google Analytics starts collecting data after the setup is complete, and the data will not be updated immediately. It is conservatively estimated that approximately 24-48 hours of data will be fully displayed in Google Analytics.
After installing Google Analytics, you can install Tag Assistant (Chrome plugin) separately to check if your GA is installed and working. Click to install Chrome extension: Tag assistant
We recommend that you continue following "related feature setup" to complete the basic analysis settings of Google Analytics.
Related feature setup
If you want even more advanced e-commerce analytics information, you can follow this tutorial to activate GA's e-commerce function. Please note that this function is for advanced plan and upper plan users only.
If you are looking for "How to set up User-ID in Google Analytics", you may refer at here.
C. Referral Exclusion List
Google Analytics will use the final referral website as the referral for the order, so if the third-party payment and logistics service URL is redirected during the checkout process, the source medium will be washed out. The way to exclude sources is "Admin" >> "Property" >> "Tracking Info" >> "Referral Exclusion List" to exclude customers who automatically jump to the third-parties page(payment and logistics) during checkout.
Depending on which of the following services you have, add URLs for exclusion by clicking "ADD REFERRAL EXCLUSION"
1. If your pick-up service is “integration service”, please exclude the following URLs according to the service you use:
- 7-11 : emap.pcsc.com.tw
- Family : map.com.tw
2. If you use a linked service, please exclude the following URLs according to the service you use:
- Stripe : hooks.stripe.com
- MOLpay : onlinepayment.com.my
- ECPAY : payment.ecpay.com.tw
- LINE Pay : web-pay.line.me
- Taishin Bank : taishinbank.com.tw
- Bank SinoPac : acs.nccc.com.tw, epos.sinopac.com
D. Track "Site Search"
"Admin" >> "View" >> "View Settings" turn on "Site search tracking", and fill in "query" in the column to complete the settings.