To apply this and other POS features, please contact our Merchant Success Team.
Merchants can cancel, and return SHOPLINE Payments POS e-wallet orders from the POS app.
This article will cover the following:
- Cancel an order on the POS app
- Return an order on the POS app
1. Cancel an order on the POS app
A. Cancellation steps
On the POS app, tap Orders on the left menu bar and select the SHOPLINE Payments POS e-wallet order you want to cancel. Tap the drop-down list at the top right, and select Cancel Order.
Select a staff in charge of the cancellation.
Fill in the reason for cancellation and tap OK.
It will display "Cancelled successfully" on the POS app. Tap OK to complete. Refunds will be credited back to the customer's e-wallet via the original payment method.
*Note: The refund takes 5 working days to process. The payment status will appear as "Refund successful" on the POS app. Please wait for 5 business days for the final results to be confirmed.
B. Refund failed
When the cancelled e-wallet order fails to refund, you can only refund it manually. Please contact the SHOPLINE Online Merchant Success Team for assistance.
2. Return an order on the POS app
Here are the rules for refunding e-wallet orders (similar to the refund rules for the Adyen terminal).
Please refer to the Return order steps below.
*Refund rules for E-wallet (supports Alipay code-scanning payment)
1. Refund amount ≤ original paid amount
2. Supports returning orders on POS app and POS Admin
3. E-wallet payments can only be returned to
the original payment method (i.e., Alipey payment
will be returned to the same Alipay account)
4. Non-credit card payments can be returned as
other non-credit card methods (i.e., cash payment
can be returned as gift card)
Example 1. Full return
- Scenario: Purchase 1 $150 product. Pay off the $150 deposit for the preorder with Alipay.
- Refund: Only supports a full refund of $150 to the original payment method.
Example 2. Partial return
- Scenario: Purchase 3 $50 products. Pay a $100 deposit for the preorder by Alipay and settle with $50 cash.
- Refund: Supports "full refund of $150 " or "partial refund of $50 / $100."
A. Return order steps
On the POS app, tap Orders on the left menu bar and select the order to return. Tap the drop-down list at the top right and select Return.
Select the operator for the order return.
a. Full return
Tap Next to view the return detail.
*Note: Both full returns and partial returns are available for orders paid by Alipay code-scanning payment.
Double-check the return detail and tap Refund. Then, follow Step 4 below to process on the terminal.
Descriptions on the Refund Details page:
- Discount: Not applicable for the full return.
- Payment fee: If a payment fee is set up, the system will refund the payment fee to the customers during a full return.
- Refund method: Automatically apply the original SHOPLINE Payments POS payment method.
- Return reason: You can enter the return reason.
b. Partial return
You can process a partial return for orders paid by e-wallet (e.g., Alipay). A prompt reminder for the partial refund will appear on the POS app. Tap + or - to edit the return quantity or you can enter the quantity manually (more than 0 and no more than the purchased quantity). You can also tap Return all to return the whole order. Once you are done, tap Next to view the return detail.
Double-check the Return Detail page. You can select the refund method and enter the discount amount for a partial refund.
Descriptions for the Return Detail page:
You can customize discounts for a partial return. Tap the pencil icon and enter the discount amount (no more than the paid amount).
- Payment fee
If a payment fee is set up, the system will not automatically refund the payment fee during a partial refund.
- Refund method
Tap Choose Refund Method to select the available refund method.
*Note: If the order is paid with a credit card, it will only display the credit card as the refund method.
- Return reason
You can enter the return reason.
Once you are done, tap Refund. Then, please follow Step 4 below to process the terminal.
Wait for the POS app to create the return order for completion. Refunds are expected to arrive within 5 working days.
B. Refund failed
If the return and refund fail, you can follow the steps similar to cancelling an order. Please refer to the B. Refund failed section above.