To maintain customer loyalty and repurchase rate, you can offer store credits for designated members to apply and deduct the order amount. The "Reward Campaign" feature allows you to set up time-limited events for giving out store credits. You can also specify products and applicable membership tier(s). Try out this feature to reach a higher sales goal!
In this article, you'll learn how to
- Apply Reward Campaign at the storefront
- Reward Campaign calculation method
- Reward Campaign usage record
- Update the status of Reward Campaign
1. Apply Reward Campaign at the storefront
When entering the product details page, the customer will see the Reward Campaign applicable to the product.
During checkout, the list of promotions will also show the applied Reward Campaign(s), and applicable promotions. The customers can continue to purchase to meet the promotion conditions.
*Note: If your store has switched on the "Fast Checkout" feature, since it currently does not support showing "promotions are waiting for you to enjoy," customers will only see the promotions applied to their orders. To show the applicable promotions, please switch off the feature.
After completing the checkout, the order details page will record the store credits rewarded to members. Go to the [Member Center] > [Orders] at the storefront and click the View button on the right side to view the reward credits for the order.
When the order status changes to "Completed," the system will assign store credits to the customer. The system will also send a notification to the customer if you have switched on the reward credits notification in [Settings] > [Custom Notification].
*Note: If the customer's order has applied multiple Reward Campaigns, when you update the order to "Completed," the system will also send multiple reward credits notifications to the customer.
2. Reward Campaign calculation method
|Purchase Condition||Calculation Method|
|Total Order over Minimum Order Amount||The (Subtotal - discount - custom discount - credit discount - member point cash redemption)|
|Selected Products/ Categories over Minimum Order Amount||The subtotal of selected products|
|Over Minimum Product Count||The main product count (excluding add-ons and free gifts)|
When the edited order and the original order of the split order have been applied the Reward Campaign, please pay attention to the following situations that may cause changes in the sending of shopping credits.
A. Orders for which credit has not been assigned
- The purchase condition is "Total Order Over Minimum Over Amount":
After editing/ splitting the order, the new (subtotal - discount - custom discount - credit discount - member point cash redemption) will be used to recalculate the reward credit.
- The purchase condition is "Selected Products over Minimum Order Amount" / "Selected Categories over Minimum Order Amount":
After editing/ splitting the order, the new subtotal of selected products will be used to recalculate the store credits.
- The purchase condition is "over Minimum Product Count":
After editing/ splitting the order, the main product count (excluding add-ons and free gifts) + custom product count will be used for recalculation.
B. Orders for which store credits have been assigned
Reward credits will not be recalculated after editing/ splitting the order.
*Notes: When the order is created
- and does not meet the purchase condition, no store credits will be sent even if the order meets the condition after editing.
- and meets the purchase condition, no store credits will be sent if the order does not meet the condition after editing.
and meets the purchase condition, store credits will be sent based on the new reward & condition tier if the order meets another tier after editing.
3. Reward Campaign usage record
You can view the Reward Campaign's usage status and order details in the store Admin.
A. View usage record
In the SHOPLINE Admin, go to [Promotions & Reward] > [Reward Campaign] and click Usage Record on the right of the campaign you want to view.
On the usage record page, you can see all the orders that have applied the Reward Campaign. The reward statuses of the order are "Pending" and "Sent."
- If the order status has not changed to "Completed" and the credit has not been assigned when the order is edited/ split, the system will recalculate the credit that can be rewarded.
- If the recalculated store credit amount is 0, and the order status is changed to "Completed," no credit will be assigned, and the reward status will appear as "Pending."
Click the Export Report button to export the reward campaign report. Merchants can download the report from their mailbox.
B. Store credit reward record
When the order status changes to "Completed," the system will assign the store credit to the customer. There will be a record of rewarding the store credits on the customer details page.
In the Admin, go to [Customer Management] > [Customers] to enter the customer details page, and scroll down to the "Store Credits" section to view the record.
If multiple Reward Campaigns are applied to an order, the system will separate the store credit records into multiple entries because the expiry date of the store credits set by each campaign may be different.
4. Update the status of Reward Campaign
When there is a change in the status of the Reward Campaign (for example, the campaign is deleted, removed, expired, etc.), the mechanism for assigning store credit and the application status of the campaign after editing and splitting the order will change as follows.
A. The mechanism of assigning store credits
- Reward Campaign is deleted: No store credits will be assigned when the order status changes to "Completed."
- Reward Campaign is unpublished or expired: Store credits will be assigned when the order status changes to "Completed."
- The store credits main toggle is OFF: No store credits will be assigned when the order status changes to "Completed." *Note: No credit will be assigned even if the main toggle is switched on later.
B. Orders that haven't assigned credits after editing or splitting
- Reward Campaign is deleted: Updated orders will not re-apply the campaign after editing or splitting.
- Reward Campaign is unpublished or expired: Updated orders will re-apply the campaign after editing or splitting.
- [Coming soon] Reward Campaign | Store Credits
- Store Credits
- Order Reward Credits | Store Credits
- Welcome Credits | Store Credits