The Facebook Comment plugin lets customers leave comments on a Product Page using their Facebook account, as well as share their comment activity with their friends on the social media site.
Confirm the plan of your store and start using it
On the upper right corner of the store backstage, go to [Hello, OOO] > [My Subscription & Billing] to view the store's plans and modules.
- If you see the screen as below, there are "Paid" and "Module" in the "Plan Subscription" section. Please confirm whether your store has a "e-Commerce" plan. If so, you can go to step 2 to set it up.
If you do, proceed to [Channel Integrations] > [Facebook] > [Online Store Application] tab and switch on the "Facebook Comment" toggle.
If you did not connect to a Facebook Developer account, you can refer to this FAQ to complete the connection.
- If you see the screen as below, the "Plan" in the "Current Plan" is Basic, Advanced, Premium, O2O, or Enterprise. Please confirm whether your store has a "Premium/O2O/Enterprise".
If so, please go to [Apps] > [Apps Store] in the left-hand menu to install the features.
Once installation is complete, proceed to [Apps] > [My Apps] to view this feature, and click Edit to enter the setup interface.
Please enter your Facebook App ID, if you have used the "Customer Login Settings with Facebook" feature in the past, the system will automatically apply in the same set of IDs; if you have not applied for an application ID, you can refer to the FAQ.
*Note: One App ID per store, if you change the App ID here, it would also change the one in [Settings] > [Customer Settings] > [Customer Facebook Login].
Once setup is complete, you will see a Facebook comments section at the bottom of every product page in the online store.
Click the "Moderation Tool" in the comments section to view the comments on this page. For other related features, please refer to Comments Plugin.
1. Go to https://developers.facebook.com/tools/comments
2. Choose your Apps, and click "Settings" on the top of right.
3. Click "Moderators" to setup an account becoming the moderator of your comments to receive messages.
1. Proceed to: https://developers.facebook.com/tools/comments
2. Choose the correct Facebook App ID, and click Settings.
3. Click in to the Moderation Rules tab, set "Moderation" from "Public" to "Closed" then click Save.
Please set the time to verify the comment, it will only be visible to the commenter until a moderator approves the comment.
- Before a moderator approves the comment, it will only show up for commenter who published it by themselves, others will not be able to see it.
- If you enable the moderation rules after the comments were published, these existing comments can be hidden once the moderation is set to "Closed".